Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Student's story

THE TWO-TIME STORY

By Carrisa Andrelia

I had a boyfriend whose name was Rufi. When he was in high school, he had some classmates. One of them was Vinno. They quite close and often hang out together that time. I knew Vinno too, moreover he was my crush. One day, Rufi and I had broken up, but few months later we were back again. Vinno didn’t know about this, because we hadn’t told him.

A year later, Vinno, who was my nephew’s best friend too, called me. He told about his college and how his life was going, etc. The next day, he called me again. He was not only called me but also sent many messages to me. Then, he started calling me every single day. When my nephew visited me, he said that we had a possibility to become a nice couple. Meanwhile, I didn’t mention to them that I have had a boyfriend. Until the unfortunate event came to me…

That afternoon, Rufi and Tian, his neighbor, went to a movie rental in Solo. Rufi went inside first, because Tian still smoked outside the building. When Rufi was in front of the kids section, he saw Vinno and greeted him.

“Hi, Fella. What’s up?” Rufi greeted friendly.

“Fine, thanks. How about you?” Vinno replied.

“Fine, too. Are you going to rent DVD?” Rufi asked.

“Yeah, I return other films too.”

I didn’t know why suddenly Vinno put his mobile phone outside his short. Rufi, who was in front of him, accidentally saw the wallpaper of Vinno’s mobile. That wallpaper was a female sepia photograph. Rufi felt recognizing the wallpaper, but he wasn’t sure who the girl was.

Then Vinno asked, “Anyway, I don’t have your newest number. Please give it to me.”

“Okay. 081…..” Rufi answered and saw the wallpaper clearer.

“I have saved it. As matter of fact, I let u to guess who the girl in my wallpaper is.” Vinno said cheerily and showed his mobile screen.

Rufi blinked in few second, unbelievable, “Well…..I think….She is Shari?”

“Definitely, she is. Who the hell are you thinking?” Vinno said in a breathy, excited way. “What do you think?”

Rufi stared straight at him. His head started spinning. He was speechless.

“I…don’t….know….I feel my head is spinning.”

“Oopss.. Sorry, I don’t mean to hurt you or to remind about your ex-girlfriend. I admire her and want to make her mine. I just want to hear your opinion. Are you okay?” Vinno murmured continuously. “Rufi?” Vinno said worriedly.

“I’m fine,” Rufi said flatly.

“I have called her and sent romantic messages to her recently,” said Vinno

Tian, who was outside before, went inside. He shook Vinno’s hand and touched his shoulder friendly.

“How ya doin’, dude? Long times no see” said Tian surprisingly.

“I know. I think we have to hang out together sometimes, like when we were still in high school,” Vinno offered excitedly.

“Hey, do you know that Rufi and Shari have been together again?” Tian asked innocently.

“Gosh. Are you kidding? I think they have broken up,” Vinno looked at him blankly.

“Yes, they were. But they get back together again”, Tian explained briefly. “I never lie to you, bro!” added Tian.

Rufi, who was in the opposite of them, gazed them expressionless. “Tian, let’s go home. My head is spinning. I think I have headache.”

Tian answered, “Okey dokey, man!” He said goodbye to Vinno, “Bro, we have to say goodbye now. Glad to see you. Ciao!”

Rufi couldn’t believe what happened few minutes ago. He thought it was only his day dream. Until he arrived at home and went inside his bedroom. When my white wall-clock indicated it was 4 p.m, my house’s door was knocked. It was Vinno outside my house. I pleased him to come in and to have a seat. After I brought him a glass of water, I started to talk to him.

“Hello. What’s the matter?” I asked.

“Nothing. Have you had your lunch?” He said.

“Yeah. Thanks for your attention,” my cheeks blushed.

“To my surprise, when I went a movie rental this afternoon I met one of your ex-boy friend.”

“My ex-boyfriend? Who?” Inside my head, a pray is screaming. Not him, not him. But I smell a rat in here.

“Rufi. I have known it,” Vinno said.

Oh. No. This was definitely not what I’d intended when I talked with Vinno. “You have known? About what?”

“About your relationship with Rufi. I knew it from your friend.”

“Oh”, what was it. Oh. What was the right word beside oh.

“For the God’s sake, why didn’t you tell me that you have retrieved Rufi again?”

I’m dead. I’m so dead.

“Um…I was thinking to talk about it, but I wait the right time to say,” I said, wanting to die. Seriously.

“Wait the right time,” Vinno repeated slowly.

“I’m just… I mean-if I met you earlier, you would hear it from me directly. I can explain it to you” I stammered. I’m such an idiot.

“Ok. I understand. I think I have to go now, it’s getting dark. Bye.” Vinno left.

Meanwhile, that evening Rufi came to my house. He wanted to know what I had done with his friend. He asked me too what if his photograph was shown in other person’s mobile phone. I replied that I would be proud if it happened, because it meant I didn’t choose the ugly boy.

My problem hasn’t ended already. Rufi asked me for thousand times about what I’ve done with his friend. I admitted all my mistakes and my unfaithfulness. Happily, he forgave me. Since that incident, Rufi always has suspicions on me. If I remember it, I would laugh and smile how I have made a fool of myself.

Semarang, 9th November 2007

No comments: